Joint Major in Philosophy & Theology
The joint major in philosophy and theology is an intensive 60-hour program, intended for students with a special interest in advanced work in both fields. The joint major also calls for language instruction beyond that required of all Arts and Letters undergraduates.
The following Philosophy courses (in addition to the university requirement) are required to complete the Joint Major:
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
- Modern Philosophy
- Formal Logic
The following Theology courses (in addition to the university requirement) are required to complete the Joint Major:
- Christian Traditions I and II
- An upper-division scripture course (40101 or 43101)
The following additional courses:
- Two courses in a Classical language (usually Greek)
- The joint seminar
- A senior thesis
- 18 credit hours of electives in Philosophy and Theology (up to six of which may be additional hours in language study)
If you're interested in learning more, please contact the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies in Theology, Anthony Pagliarini.