Professor of Philosophy
Alix has taught at the universities of Edinburgh, York and Leeds, having previously held a Junior Research Fellowship at Newnham College, Cambridge, a Research Fellowship with the Swiss National Science Foundation at the University of Neuchâtel, and an Experienced Researcher Humboldt Fellowship at the Zentrum für Ethik und Philosophie in der Praxis at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- ‘Kant on Epistemic Autonomy’, Proceedings for the 13th International Kant Congress (Berlin: de Gruyter), pp. 687-695, 2020.
- ‘A Kantian Account of Emotions as Feelings’, Mind, vol. 129, pp. 429–460, 2020.
- Editor, Kant’s Lectures on Anthropology: A Critical Guide (CUP, 2014). Includes Introduction (pp. 1-9).
- Editor, Kant on Emotions and Value (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014). Includes Introduction (pp. 1-10).
- Kant and the Human Sciences: Biology, Anthropology and History (Palgrave Macmillan, 2009).