2023 Midwest PhilMath Workshop
The 2023 Midwest PhilMath Workshop will take place November 4-5 at the University of Notre Dame.
- We look forward to welcoming friends, old and new, to the 2023 Midwest PhilMath Workshop at the University of Notre Dame on November 4-5, 2023. The MWPMW is an annual series of talks and conversation about the philosophy of mathematics, and we are now accepting submissions for the 2023 program.
- We are delighted to welcome Professor Maryanthe Malliaris (University of Chicago) to the program this year as an invited speaker.
- As usual, the program will run from Saturday morning to Sunday about 1:00 pm. All participants are invited to lunch and dinner on Saturday as guests of the university.
- If you would like to present a talk at the Workshop, please send a paper (suitable for a 40-minute presentation) or extended abstract, or slides, to the Organizing Committee (listed below) by August 15. If you gave a talk last year, please don't submit for this year, since we have a policy of not repeating speakers in consecutive years.
- Watch this space for information about hotel reservations.
- Funding for students
- We expect to have some funding (albeit limited) to help with lodging for student participants from out of town whose departments do not have funds to defray their costs. If you are interested in applying for such a lodging subvention, please notify us of this (by email to email@example.com) as soon as possible. At that time, please also have an appropriate faculty member from your department email us to confirm that your department cannot meet your expenses.
- For questions, feel free to write Paddy Blanchette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will announce the Workshop Program at this site as soon as it's available.
We look forward to seeing you at MWPMW 2023 in November.
- The Organizing Committee:
Timothy Bays <email@example.com>,
Jc Beall <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Patricia Blancheette <email@example.com>,
Curtis Franks <Curtis.D.Franks.firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Joel David Hamkins <email@example.com>
For any questions, please feel free to contact Paddy Blanchette (firstname.lastname@example.org)