Rev. John A. O'Brien Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
University of Notre Dame
100 Malloy Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Office: 207 Malloy
Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
Areas of Interest
Metaphysics, Philosophy of Religion
- “Authority and Truth,” forthcoming in The Scripture Project, vol. 2, ed. D. A. Carson.
- “Hylomorphism and the Incarnation,” pp. 134 – 52 in The Metaphysics of the Incarnation, edited by Anna Marmodoro and Jonathan Hill (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010)
- "Univeralism and Extensionalism", Analysis 70 (2010): 490 - 96.
- "Narrative, Liturgy, and the Hiddenness of God." pp. 76-96 in Metaphysics and God: Essays in Honor of Eleonore Stump, edited by Kevin Timpe (New York: Routledge, 2009)
- “The Trinity,” pp. 403 – 29 in The Oxford Handbook of Philosophical Theology, edited by Thomas P. Flint and Michael C. Rea (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009).
- “Wright on Theodicy: Reflections on Evil and the Justice of God.” Philosophia Christi 10 (2008): 461 – 70.
- “Presentism and Ockham’s Way Out.” (with Alicia Finch) Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion 1 (2008): 1 – 17.
- “Hyperspace and the Best World Problem: A Response to Hud Hudson,” Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 76 (2008): 444 – 51.
- The Oxford Handbook fo Philosophical Theology, co-editor Thomas P. Flint (Oxford University Press, 2009)
- Analytic Theology: New Essays in the Philosophy of Theology, co-editor Tom Crisp, (Oxford University Press, 2009)
- Philosophical & Theological Essays on THE TRINITY, co-editor with Thomas McCall (Oxford University Press, 2009)
Oxford Readings in Philosophical Theology: Vols. I and II,
Arguing about Metaphysics, ed. Routledge, 2009
An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion, co-editor, Michael J. Murray (Cambridge University Press, 2008)