Taylor University, BA 2011
The focus of my research is moral epistemology. My primary interest is in using moral disagreement to consider how our epistemic access to morality is mediated. I am interested in such questions as:
· Does genuine moral disagreement exist?
· What (if any) is the significance of moral disagreement for the efficacy of reflective equilibrium in justifying our ethical convictions?
· Could value pluralist moral realism be the source of moral disagreement?
· How might transformative experience be a source of moral disagreement?
· Can we justify our moral convictions to those with whom we disagree?
· How (if at all) does moral disagreement affect the justifiability of making public reason an ideal?