Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
University of Notre Dame
100 Malloy Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Phone: (574) 631-7289
Office: 417 Malloy
Office Hours: W 2:00-3:00, R 10:00-11:00
Ph.D. Notre Dame
Areas of Interest
Philosophical Theology, Philosophy of Religion, Metaphysics
“Molinism and Incarnation”, in Kenneth Perszyk, ed., Molinism: The Contemporary Debate (2011).
“Should Concretists Part with Mereological Models of the Incarnation?”, in Anna Marmodoro, ed., The Metaphysics of the Incarnation (2011).
“The Varieties of Accidental Necessity”, in Kelly Clark and Michael Rea, ed.,Science, Religion, and Metaphysics: New Essays on the Philosophy of Alvin Plantinga (2011).
“Fittingness and Divine Action in Cur Deus Homo,” in Kevin Timpe, ed., Metaphysics and God: Essays in Honor of Eleonore Stump (2009).
- "Risky Business: Open Theism and the Incarnation" in Philosophia Christi, (2004).
- "The Multiple Muddles of Maverick Molinism," in Faith and Philosophy, (2003).
The Oxford Handbook of Philosophical Theology, co-editor with Michael Rea (2009)
- Christian Philosophy (editor; 1990)
- Hermes and Athena: Biblical Exegesis and Philosophical Theology , co-editor with E. Stump (1993)
- Divine Providence: The Molinist Account, (1998).